Sunday, January 27, 2008

Our Dear Friends From Tennessee

After our trip to McEwen, we were very excited to visit Chattanooga. We enjoyed a fun night at Joe & Greta Rhyne's house. Greta and I made mad dashes to several Cracker Barrels and Walmarts. We shopped and shopped trying to find all the best buys after Christmas. {my next year's tree will have a new blue wardrobe}It was great fun being with them, .... Moving right along to some well missed barbecue. WV has some wonderful Italian food, but .. you sometimes miss your root foods. We met Debbie,Craig & Maribelle. Debbie was Austin & Emily's wonderful kindergarten teacher. She gave them such a great start. We are blessed with their friendship. We all adore Maribelle, she is by far the most fashionable dog we that know. The rest of the weekend was spent with the kids other Nanna, Mrs. Ford. We all love and miss her so much. We enjoyed her B&B, and loved going to our old church with her. It was great to see so many loved ones. Our trip back to WV was pretty great, my loving husband stopped at eight Cracker Barrels and two Michael's, so I could finish my "Tree Wardrobe Mission" Thanks for blogging with me.

4 comments:

Ronda said...

HI, Nett! I enjoyed your pictures! I don't ever remember seeing the kids teacher...She looks just as nice as you have described her to me...I would like to meet her! Girl...You are going to town on this blogging stuff...I am going to have to check often just to keep up! ha! Glad you enjoyed "Applebees"...Wish I was there in person to fix you a home-cooked meal! Hope that you are having a great day! Love ya!

downsdk said...

Great pictures, especially of my baby Mirabelle. Enjoyed seeing pictures of your dogs, kids and everyone. We're all a great looking bunch of people. ;-)

Mirabelle is going to be in a kissing contest for Valentine. She already has her Valentine dress and necklace.

Miss you and love you all,

Debbie

Your Penn Palz : said...

nette-
i'm probably all off base... but could you be talking about greta from GBS??? just wondering!
! love ya !

The Marcum Family said...

Shelley,
Your right! It is Greta Banther. When we lived in TN we became close friends. We've planned vacations to HHI, and have lots of good memories together. Were yall good friends?
Changing subject a bit, but I heard the song, Give me a little love, remember in Gatlenburg... I was flooded with good mem. I wish we could all go back to those days for about a hour. ha
L, Nett