Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My Little Davy Crockett

What is the saying about little boys being made up of..... snails, nails and puppy dog tails? Where does it say Hound Dogs, Raccoons, Lead Straps and Lights? Yes, I said Coons.... It started many generations ago, I guess with the Great Gramps, and then the Grand Gramps, and then my dear Daddy, who passed this on to Austin. When Austin was two or three yrs old, his vocabulary was "Toon Dog", "Toon Hunter" and imitating 2 and 3 dogs barking like they had a coon up a tree. Now Top that for talent!!..ha I'll explain a little, since those of you who have never heard of the great sport "Coon Hunting". It involves very talented Coon Hound Dogs, Long hikes in the woods, and of course, Raccoons. I'll leave everything else to your imagination. Austin's passion now is trapping,{not the kind that hurt the animals}and training his dog. I'm trying hard to be so ever excited with all this...., and I must say I never fear of broken bones like I have in so many other sports that he is involved in. Yes, I thank the Lord for my wonderful adventures that I have with my boy.

6 comments:

Ronda said...

Oh COOL, Austin! I can't wait to show this to Corey...I know that he will be impressed! I am sure that you make your Papaw "proud"!(A man after his own heart!) What a fun post! Love to all of you!

The Marcum Family said...

Thanks Ronda, I trust you were at working last night and not having a sleepless night. I am such a Night OWL, nocturnal could be my instinct.
By the way, I'm still the winning bidder of the cargo van. It has about 3 full days left. I hope at last minute someone will out bid me.
Have a great day!L,Nett

Amy Weddle said...

Annette,
Cool pictures! Cute kids!They have your eyes.
I've read some of Brunstetter books, also Bev Lewis has some. Watched "Saving Sarah Cain." Amish movie that is good.
What date did you say you would be in Cincy? Can't wait to see u. Renae

Ronda said...

Hey Nett...I hope that you are feeling better soon! It was nice to talk to you today and we are VERY excited to see ya'll! Hurry up and get here! (smile) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Annette & Austin,
I remember when we went to Gatlinburg for Christmas and Austin would see the reindeer and sing "Rudolph the Red Nose "Toon Dog". Everything would have an Toon Dog attached to it. Great memories! Thanks for giving me a wonderful Grandson. Love, Mom

Your Penn Palz : said...

awww... what fun! good ole southern country stuff, you just can't beat it!!! does emy get into any of it or is she just all 'girl'? our wes and whit don't have much in common at all! if in the mood she'll play xbox with him and he'll go town with her when he's in the mood. otherwise, he's all boy and she's all girl.
oh well, really just wanted to stop by and give a shout out! HOPING to see ya'll this weekend?!?!?!?!?
love ya...