Sunday, March 2, 2008

Walking In My Footsteps.....

Over the past few years while walking on the beach, Emily and I have enjoyed watching her feet grow. "Look mommy, my feet are almost as big as yours... I am going to be just like you someday". As I looked thru our vacation pictures, I came across this one and could hear her sweet words. I'm cherishing such good memories. But now, I have such a burden upon me, Are my footsteps so perfect for my baby girl to walk in them??? What an enormous responsibility God has given to us as moms' to be the perfect role model. Life is life, but God is God, and I am so thankful that He can give us guidance for our imperfections. I want to try and live each day so pleasing to Him, Emy can be so proud to be like me when she grows up. Does she see God in me when I'm on the phone?.... Does she see God in me when I've had a sleepless night, the routine of life seems busier than ever....... He Gently Leads Those That Have Young. Isaiah 40:11 Lord, help mothers to trust in You, to know that You are enough to make us enough. -- Carol Kuykendall

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Ronda said...

What a thought-provoking post...Nett! I really enjoyed this! We DO have such an awesome responsibility with our children! It makes me think of the little kids who have no role model or "good" footsteps in which to follow! Emmy is so blessed to have you for a "Mommy"!!! Love ya!

Ronda said...

Oh no...Nett! Are you able to retract your bid? I am trying not to laugh just in case this is serious! I bet Austin is excited about the coons...Are they dead or alive? ha! Life is never boring around your house! Well...Have a good day and keep me updated! Love, Ronda

Your Penn Palz : said...

POWERFUL! especially to this new mommy!
BTW - you ARE an awesome mommy and i know that emmy and austin are proud to call you their mom!

A Romantic Porch said...

That is so touching and thoughtful. Thank you for sharing! xoRachel

Anonymous said...

Annette, Your are a wonderful Mother to Emily & Austin. I can already see some of your traits in Emily. Keep up the good work. Thanks for giving me a wonderful granddaugter. I love the bond that Emily and I have now. She is special just like her Mom..We love you. Mom