Monday, April 21, 2008

Life's Birdnest

"Spring forward"- My lesson to learn today would come from the perfectly shaped Robin's nest that has nestled in my ivy arrangement on the deck. I took notice of the little nest over a week ago. It started with just being twigs... then a soft covering of mud so water wouldn't spoil it. Each day it seemed to become more beautiful. I showed Austin and Emily and we were thrilled that she chose our deck to make her home. Over the weekend we discovered one little egg, then another, and another. Soon three eggs were there. So perfectly blue and beautiful. No one has seen mommy bird yet, except Emily did this morning.
Our good scripture reminds us when Jesus said "Behold the birds of the air. They sow not, nor reap, nor gather into barns. Yet, your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much better than they?" How real is our God who cares about us so much. In this same scripture reference Jesus admonished us not to worry. He said those who don't know God are consumed with the"cares of this life". A simple lesson from a Robin's nest.

6 comments:

Ronda said...

What a beautiful reminder, Nett! I needed that! Those robin eggs are so pretty...I'll have to show them to Corey! Hope that you are taking good care of yourself! I'll talk to you soon...LYLAS!

Ronda said...

Good Morning, Nett! How are you today? I "tagged" you IF you care to be tagged! (smile) Hope that you are feeling alot better...I have been praying for you! Your last post shouts out "SPRING"! Yeah! Yesterday was so very beautiful here in Indy! Can you meet for lunch?(smile) LY!

Ronda said...

Hey Nett...Just wanted to say.. Thanks for being the best friend EVER! I treasure our friendship! I am praying that you feel better SOON! Love, Ronda

Anonymous said...

Very pretty picture! It is so much fun to watch for baby birds.
Looks like you'll have a front row seat. Becky

Your Penn Palz : said...

how's mommy-robin and eggs doing? springtime really is filled with all of God's wonders...
would love to see ya'll - trust all's well with you!!!
XOXOXOXO

If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 2 Corinthians 5:17

Ronda said...

LOVE your new playlist of songs...how neat! Might have to do that on my blog sometime! I really like that option. Nate just went to hear "Casting Crowns"...said they were awesome! It was nice to talk to you today...you are the best! LY!