Friday, August 1, 2008

Our Busy Life Here in Tennessee

Hi to all my Blogger Friends,
I think we are almost settled in, and the busy life of gardening has approached us. First off, I thought that once my parents retired that their lives would slow down a bit. Not so in the summer!!! We are in full force 0f gardening. My mom and I have put up about 85 quarts of gbeans, squash pickles that are so delicious, relish, next will be tomato juice, salsa and the list goes on and on..... It will be wonderful this winter, but I forgot how much work goes to having a big garden.
We love being close to my family, I have enjoyed catching up with cousins, aunts and uncles. I've even had a couple dinner partys. It is wonderful to spend time with my precious granny, who is 90 yrs.
Austin and Emily love it here. Austin has been coon hunting some, its really to hot to run the dogs, but he still enjoys the excitemint of the training. Emy loves horses, and she got to go to a TN Walking Horse show. She wants to take riding lessons. Football and Cheerleading practice has begun. We are at the ball field at least 4 nights a week. They both are doing good and making friends before school starts next week. Austin is pretty excited, he was picked to be one of the quarterbacks.
I am ready for some company, yall are all welcome.... As Paula Deen's sign in her restaurant said, " Come and I'll put a little "South in Your Mouth" .
Take care and please write soon. Have a Great Day!!!!

4 comments:

Your Penn Palz : said...

thanks for the invite... would LOVE to visit sometime!!!
glad ya'll are getting settled in and not ONE bit surprised that you're already so busy!!! you've always been quite the 'busy bee'...
love to all of ya'll from all of us! ;-)
XOXOXO

Ronda said...

Hey Nett!!! Welcome back to blog~ land! I know ya'll have been busy with the transition to TN but it sounds like ya'll have settled right in! Can't wait to come back to McEwen(and taste some of that delicious food from tne garden)! I have so many fond memories of visiting there! Glad the kids are doing so well...I know that they will love it there, being close to family again! Talk to ya soon...LYLAS!

KERI said...

Hey Annette,
I am glad to here ya'll are settled in. I hope you had a great bday, I didn't know how to contact you. Can you believe I finally left a comment? Give me a call. love and blessings, KERI

Becky said...

Wow--sounds like you've been busy! I've had some garden foods from my sister-in-law, they are the best. We sure do miss you, but are glad you can be near family. Tell everyone hello!